Our Men’s Ministry group meets informally on a monthly basis to to provide opportunities to connect, grow, and serve on our Christian journey. We offer various programs and speakers, as well as service projects for our church and the community. Our Men’s Ministry includes men ages 18 to 98 who have a variety of skills, abilities, and interests, and who hope to connect with one another. The Men’s Ministry Group currently meets on the second Saturday of the month at the church from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., but they also plan a quarterly evening gathering or service project that takes the place of the morning meeting.
Some of our recent programs include:
- Learning more about the history of Topeka and our congregation from a local historian.
- Understanding the Stephen Ministry program at our church.
- Hearing about Women’s Prison Ministries and learning how to help.
- Working with Central Park Church by reaching out to community members in central Topeka who are struggling.
- Tech session to learn about the new technology offered by our church.
Some recent service projects include:
- Installation of playground equipment at the Women’s Prison
- Christmas in Action
- Collecting men’s jeans for Doorstep
- Volunteering for events in Downtown Topeka, such as the Freedom Festival, Topeka Rescue Run and the IrishFest 5K
- Beautifying the church Parsonage