- 3-Year-Olds – 6th Graders: Children and their families now have the opportunity to worship together at the 9:30 a.m. service prior to children being dismissed to their Sunday school classes. Children check-in at the kiosk in the Celebration Room, then sit with their families or with Sunday school volunteers for the beginning of 9:30 worship. After a children’s message, children will go upstairs to Sunday School with their classmates and several adult leaders. Parents pick up their children from the Sunday school area following the 9:30 service.
- A nursery on the first floor is available for infants and toddlers and to 2-years old during Sunday School, and up to age 5 during the 8:15 service. Our nursery staff loves reading stories, rocking sleepy babies, and engaging toddlers with age-appropriate activities and toys in our peaceful environment.
- Worship Readiness for Children: Worship Readiness is a new class that we offer during 11 a.m. worship. This class is designed for children ages 3-8 whose parents choose for them an alternative to staying through the entire worship service. Children of all ages are always welcome in worship. This class will use hands-on activities and child-friendly discussion to help children learn about the elements of worship and spiritual practices. We invite children to start worship with their parents to experience the prayer, hymns, and scripture as a family. Then they will be dismissed to the back of the Sanctuary. The Worship Readiness leaders will guide the children to their class. You can pick up your children in the classroom next to the nursery following worship. Please contact Allison Brewer with any questions or if you are interested in volunteering with this class.
- Children are always welcome in worship! Activity bags with toys and coloring books are available in the Chapel and Sanctuary for families who choose to have their children sit with them during worship.
- Everyone is invited to connect over coffee and donuts at 9:00 and 10:30 in our Celebration Room on our main level. Children often gather around the “just-my-size” table in the corner by the Children’s Ministry bulletin board. Kids are welcome to run free on our playground, but they are more often found climbing trees and playing hide-and-seek in the Prayer Garden just off the Celebration Room. Our church family just can’t get enough of the joy kids bring to our Sunday mornings!
- Quilting GroupWhen: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AMWhere: Rm L35 Quilts are made for Rescue Mission and other outreach groups.
- Mid-Week MeditationWhen: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 from 12:15 PM to 12:45 PMWhere: SanctuaryDuring Worship Enhancement construction in the Chapel, we will meet in the Sanctuary. Dates to be announced.
- Praise Team practiceWhen: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PMWhere: Klasse Chapel
- Phase 2 YogaWhen: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 from 5:15 PM to 6:15 PMWhere: Rm 212
- Wednesday Evening NurseryWhen: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Follow Us On
- January 19 eNote from Pastor JeffJanuary 19, 2018 - 12:00 pm
I am in Kearney, NE where United Methodist Pastors from Kansas and Nebraska have been called together for an annual meeting, so I’m going to keep this week’s note short. Over the course of the week, we have had extensive presentations from Clif Christopher and Mike Slaughter with Horizons Stewardship. They have talked in detail […]
- January 12 eNote from Pastor JeffJanuary 12, 2018 - 1:47 pm
Last Sunday in worship we claimed the promise that prayer matters because even if it doesn’t change our circumstances, it can change us. As I closed the message, we shared sixty seconds for sitting with God in silence and stillness. I then offered the challenge that at least four times this week you sit for […]
- January 5 eNote from Pastor JeffJanuary 5, 2018 - 12:00 pm
Happy New Year! I hope that you have had a great week and that 2018 is off to a good start for you and yours. Many thanks to everyone who helped make all of our worship experiences so special through Advent and Christmas. We had a great crowd at both of our Christmas Eve services […]