- 3-Year-Olds – 6th Graders: Children and their families now have the opportunity to worship together at the 9:30 a.m. service prior to children being dismissed to their Sunday school classes. Children check-in at the kiosk in the Celebration Room, then sit with their families or with Sunday school volunteers for the beginning of 9:30 worship. After a children’s message, children will go upstairs to Sunday School with their classmates and several adult leaders. Parents pick up their children from the Sunday school area following the 9:30 service.
- A nursery on the first floor is available for infants and toddlers and to 2-years old during Sunday School, and up to age 5 during the 8:15 service. Our nursery staff loves reading stories, rocking sleepy babies, and engaging toddlers with age-appropriate activities and toys in our peaceful environment.
- Worship Readiness for Children: Worship Readiness is a new class that we offer during 11 a.m. worship. This class is designed for children ages 3-8 whose parents choose for them an alternative to staying through the entire worship service. Children of all ages are always welcome in worship. This class will use hands-on activities and child-friendly discussion to help children learn about the elements of worship and spiritual practices. We invite children to start worship with their parents to experience the prayer, hymns, and scripture as a family. Then they will be dismissed to the back of the Sanctuary. The Worship Readiness leaders will guide the children to their class. You can pick up your children in the classroom next to the nursery following worship. Please contact Allison Brewer with any questions or if you are interested in volunteering with this class.
- Children are always welcome in worship! Activity bags with toys and coloring books are available in the Chapel and Sanctuary for families who choose to have their children sit with them during worship.
- Everyone is invited to connect over coffee and donuts at 9:00 and 10:30 in our Celebration Room on our main level. Children often gather around the “just-my-size” table in the corner by the Children’s Ministry bulletin board. Kids are welcome to run free on our playground, but they are more often found climbing trees and playing hide-and-seek in the Prayer Garden just off the Celebration Room. Our church family just can’t get enough of the joy kids bring to our Sunday mornings!
- Downtown Connections weekWhen: Saturday, September 23, 2017 All Day
- Life in a Jar, The Irena Sendler Project Book StudWhen: Monday, September 25, 2017 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AMWhere: Rm 105 - Bishop Frank ForumLife in a Jar;The Irena Sendler Project, is the inspiring true story of Irena Sendler; her story, her bravery, and her connection to Kansas. This summer Alice Bertels followed Irena Sendler's footsteps through Warsaw, Poland, including stops at well-known […]
- Quilting GroupWhen: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AMWhere: Rm L35 Quilts are made for Rescue Mission and other outreach groups.
- Downtown Engagement Team MeetingWhen: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PMWhere: Celebration Room
- Missions Committee meetingWhen: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PMWhere: Celebration Room
Follow Us On
- September 15 eNote from Pastor JeffSeptember 15, 2017 - 12:00 pm
I want to begin this week’s note by thanking you for your generosity in donating flood buckets to assist with the clean-up from hurricanes Harvey and Irma. I am grateful for the enthusiasm with which you responded as a church. As of this morning we have collected 60 buckets! If you are still interested in […]
- September 11 eNote: Hurricane Relief UpdateSeptember 11, 2017 - 10:18 am
As I shared in Friday’s eNote, Bishop Saenz has challenged United Methodists in Kansas and Nebraska to collect 5,000 flood buckets (or cleaning kits) to assist with hurricane recovery efforts. Initially the plan was that these would be sent directly to Houston. However, I learned this morning that our efforts were being redirected to respond […]
- September 8 eNote from Pastor JeffSeptember 8, 2017 - 12:00 pm
I hope that you’re doing well as this short week comes to a close. As I write this, Hurricane Irma is growing in intensity off the Atlantic coast, while Hurricane Harvey recovery efforts in Houston are really just getting started. Please continue to pray for all of those who have been and will be impacted […]