What We Believe
As Christians, we are united across the globe and throughout the ages with God the Father and Creator through Jesus Christ the Son and our Savior. Empowered by the Holy Spirit we are “one with Christ, one with each other and one in ministry to all the world.” This is what we call the church universal.
We are a United Methodist congregation—that’s the part of the church universal we call home. As United Methodists, we hold fast to the living center of classic Christian faith. We choose to embrace what unites us in Christ and still make room for differences of opinion.
United Methodism as a movement was founded by brothers John and Charles Wesley in the 1700’s.
What We Do
John Wesley and the early Methodists placed primary emphasis on Christian living, on putting our faith and love into action together.
- Together we reach into the world to share the good news of God’s love in Jesus Christ.
- Together we invite and welcome all persons without condition to enter into a relationship with God through Jesus by faith.
- Together we become disciples of Jesus and together we work for the transformation of the world.
- Church Membership is a mutual commitment to grow in Christian faith and to be in mission and ministry with other members of the church.
- The Apostle Paul refers to our mutual commitment as partnership in the gospel.